Thursday, February 3, 2011

Even daily turnout is an amusing event...

...when it comes to the little spotted butt!  Every day has been the same... he leads out like a little angel, but when he sees where we are going, the feet plant and refuse to move!  "No mommy, don't make me go in there... those kids are bullies!"  Finally, he's coaxed in, and I drive away with him hanging over the gate wondering why I've abandoned him.. and I feel as guilty as a mother must feel leaving their young child at daycare/school every day with kids that pick on him or her!

Eventually, he hesitantly meanders out to wherever the other kids are hanging out.  The usual butt biting and lap chasing ensues, although those sessions get shorter day by day.  Today, in particular, I see signs of him actually forming a relationship with who I think is going to be his new girlfriend!  Denver the filly, one of my other favorite personalities from last years foal crop, has taken an interest (I wouldn't go as far as LIKING just yet) to our favorite spotted fire-breather.  They are spending more and more time together, and today the four yearlings even sectioned off into pairs briefly - Denver joined Durango in his usually lonely side of the pasture!  Of course, she still is very much letting him know she wears the pants in the relationship...

...the usual feet planting at the gate... "No I don't wanna go!"

"Can't we just go back?  Please??"

"Wait!!  Come back!!"

Denver the filly seems to take a liking to our little man...


Durango's chubby pregnant "real" Momma watches from the distance...

...could this be??  Yes, I think it is!  Shedding hairs!  Hallelujah, there seems to be light at the end of the winter tunnel... can't wait to see what the little fuzzball looks like when he's unwrapped!






No comments:

Post a Comment